Friday, October 1, 2010

Drugs affect our community!

Drug use is becoming a huge issue not only morally but economically. There are many ways drugs affect our community, one of which being the crime rates dramatically increase with drug users being around. In the United States in 1999 the Federal Bureau of Investigation reported an estimated 1,577,100 arrests for drug related crimes. This was 11 years ago and it seems that it just keeps going up. Many violent acts are caused by drug users. Drug dealers often have altercations with one and other and cause innocent people to be in harms way. For example when they do drive byes.
 Children are put in danger when they are brought up around drugs. Children raised around drug users are often abused or neglected. Many of them proceed to be drug users themselves. They often become criminals as well. I feel that if people choose to do drugs they should not have children because it affects them so greatly.

2 comments:

  1. I like that your blog focuses on such a serious subject. The facts you included really put it in perspective because it really makes you think about real people who have to go through drug related events. The blog made me look at those statistics as people instead of just another number. I think it is sad that kids who are affected by drugs are more likely to become drug dealers themselves. It is unfair that they think that it is the only option they have. I really liked your blog and am eager for the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well first let me start by saying thank you! I decided to do drugs because I feel like many young people don't understand the seriousness of them. Especially when they weren't raised around it. I knew drugs were getting worse but I could not believe when I saw how many of the crimes were drug related.

    ReplyDelete