Friday, October 1, 2010

Drugs have a huge impact on our society.

Who I am:
My name is Jessica. Everyone calls me Jae. I am a freshman at a local college in Ohio called columbus state I am beginning to explore how drugs affect our society and the people who do them. I have had this question for some time and I feel that its time to get the answers!

What I know:
I know that drugs have a huge impact on our society in this day in age.
Drugs control many people around us.
Prescription drugs are becoming a huge deal in Ohio and across the globe.

What I want to learn:
Who do drugs effect?
Why do people do drugs?
What type of drug is the most popular?
When did drug use become such a huge issue?

Three interesting facts:
Recreational drugs are not limited to any particular group in society.
Drug addiction now rises from unsuspected sources such as legally prescribed and over the counter medications being given to society’s most respected members.
Drug and Alcohol addiction has an economic impact of 67 billion per year.

No comments:

Post a Comment